Night works will be conducted on Mona Vale Road over the next two weeks according to the contractor in charge of the work.
Weather permitting work will be done between 8pm to 5am on:
- Tuesday 16, Wednesday 17 and Friday 19 June
- Tuesday 23, Wednesday 24 and Friday 26 June
The contractor will not work for more than two consecutive nights in the same area. If the dates above are impacted by weather, they will attempt another night within 7 days. Residents eligible for alternative accommodation will be advised within 24 hours of the work.
Slow/Stop traffic controls will be in place.
Work will be conducted with excavators, rock hammers, saw cutters, whacker packers, backhoes, tipper trucks, a roller, street sweepers, concrete trucks and vacuum trucks.
The work includes:
- Ongoing road maintenance
- Using a vacuum truck and an excavator to trench and install utilities under the Mona Vale Road, Samuel Street and Ponderosa Parade roundabout
- Saw cutting to remove the concrete footpath from the eastern side of Samuel Street and replace it with a temporary footpath (for future utility relocation work)
- A vacuum truck and backhoe to excavate and confirm the location of services under Samuel Street
- Removing rock from the top of the existing rock cuttings near our site compound (opposite 120 Mona Vale Road), the eastern end of Lane Cove Road and near Laurel Road
- Installing screens and relocating concrete barriers on Mona Vale Road near Laurel Road and the eastern end of Lane Cove Road